Thursday, September 22, 2005

Interview

Just had my interview for the honors program here at Mines. It was a group interview with two other students, and two falculty members interviewing us. I hope it went OK. I think I was pretty smooth and all, and sounded interested. However, I'm a little worried about the fact the my extracurriculars were much less impressive sounding than the others (a downside of homeschooling, I'm afraid.) The top considerations for admission are the essay and the interview. My essay was good, I think, and the interview went fine except for the EC thing. Academics(mine are good) and ECs(not so good) are secondary considerations. I guess its not the end of the world if I don't get in, but I want to get in so I can get the "liberal arts" experience. Most kids at this school have no interest in reading, writing, and art, unfortunately. This program would help me get to know kids who are more "right brain" oriented, as well as help round out my education. We'll see what happens, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck my friend!
I am busy being force fed a liberal arts edumacation. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home